Wake Up Looking Gorgeous:
It’s no secret. We all want to wake up refreshed, smiling, and gorgeous. With a few simple tips and prep before bed, this once unrealistic goal might just become habit.
1. Pamper Yourself. You don’t need to take a spa day, just give yourself ten minutes in the evening to relax. Wash your face with a gentle, moisturizing face wash. If you have acne prone skin apply salicylic acid, or a benzyle peroxide cream on breakouts. Tone and moisturize skin thoroughly. Apply eye creams.
2. Make sure your space is calming and clean. Sleeping in a stressful environment can have detrimental consequences. Before you sleep, make your bed and room feel cozy. Try a lavender scented candle or a room spray.
3. Shut down electronics 1-2 hours before bed.
4. Don’t eat at least 3 hours before bed. Digestion leads to a worse nights sleep.
5. Apply body lotions and lip balm to keep hydrated throughout the night.
6. Wash hair the night before. Apply a leave in conditioner, shine mist, and/or mousse. Dry hair and (if you have time) curl tightly. In the morning they will appear softer. If you don’t have time, curl hair up into a bun. In the morning hair will be voluminous and have curl.
7. Sleep with two pillows. Elevation of the head stimulates draining of fluids in the nasal and under-eye area. That means no more dark undereye circles!
I read this as a kid and it had a really significant effect on me and and it’s a big influence on my world view and I still think it’s the most beautiful and profound thing anyone’s ever said about beauty
i remember this book!
15 Calorie Soup
1 bouillon cube (chicken or beef)
1 cup boiling water
Also try: spinach leaves, tiny frozen salad shrimp, or beaten egg whites
Things that say a lot about people:
- the way which they treat the waiter/waitress
- how they feel about the weather
- whether they dog ear pages or highlight in books
- and hands in general
- their preferred creative outlet
- how much they dread/enjoy talking on the phone
- whether or not they drink coffee
- if they ever forget to eat
- how honest they are with themselves (and others)
- if they correct your grammar
- how they treat their parents
- if their eyes turn black when you say cristo
Chunky avocado dip by me :) Great snack to serve with carrot sticks, light crackers etc. Enjoy :)